Generation Specific > Second Generation 1970-1981

NOS vs Reproduction

<< < (10/10)

Wallington:
I found a spare nosecone top bracket #527359 in my collection so a couple extra comparison pics to add to those a few above.

It's a nice reproduction, it's just terribly incorrect and useless. Naturally,  I contacted both the seller and the manufacturer. No reply, easier to ignore and keep selling.

Firebird nosecone top support brackets used GM 527359 vs repro (1) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird nosecone top support brackets used GM 527359 vs repro (2) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird nosecone top support brackets used GM 527359 vs repro (3) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird nosecone top support brackets used GM 527359 vs repro (4) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird nosecone top support brackets used GM 527359 vs repro (5) by Ben, on Flickr

81Blackbird:
Thanks for the photo's.  And yes they keep pumping out the wrong shape and keep selling.  I needed a Turned Swirl Silver Dash Metal Filler Plate.  Put it in and about a month later, since I only drive the car once every two weeks.  I noticed the
Swirls where 180* off.  Called C.I. and told them.  He pulled one out and he agreed and would check into it.  Never heard back.  Seems like someone placed the stamped plates in the finishing machine incorrectly.

Wallington:
That same panel, probably made by the same guys for all, were advertised by another of the big name shops claiming they had all 4 options possible. I asked what about the 5th option for 1981 models with demister light and different spacing. They got snotty, said clearly that was a custom overseas thing as they saw I was in Australia. I said absolutely not. So they blocked my messages. Meh. Probably all swirled backwards too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version