Author Topic: Small brake fluid leak between my master cylinder & power brake booster.  (Read 236 times)

NITEBIRD

• Active Forum Member
I was getting ready to drive my car (1979 TA/SE 4spd) and decided to check my brake fluid since I dont drive the car very often. I noticed that the rear bowl of the master cylinder was very low. I did some more looking around and I noticed that there is a small leak between the master cylinder and power brake booster.

Anybody know what might cause this? Would it be a bad master cylinder or something wrong with the booster.

Approximately 8 years ago I installed a new master cylinder and had the brake booster rebuilt by Booster Dewey.

I know all parts fail at some point but I just want to know if somebody else had something like this happen and what the cause of it was so i can fix it.

Any input is welcome and thanks!

aussieta

• Active Forum Member
master cylinder leaking
standard booster only ever contains air
hydroboost will contain oil
1978 Y84 W72 WS6
A Camaro looks like it could kick your ass.
A Trans Am looks like it's coming over to do it

Wallington

• Oracle Forum Member
It's also the cheapest and easiest option to replace.

langss

• Active Forum Member
I had the same thing on my 86TA... Helps to have a "Bench Vice" to "Bench Bleed", but can be done with a big C clamp on a bench. If your careful, you can  switch them without bleeding the whole system. You Just Have To Be Speedy And Have A Helper.

You can help support TAC!