TAC Tech > Interior

Door jam vents

<< < (2/2)

firebirdparts:
Well, you've got me interested now.  I've never heard of classic headquarters.

sreta:
Last year I bought some parts from Firebird Central, a couple of them were in Classic Headquarters bag.

Wallington:
Ended up breaking one of the vents anyway, cracked right through when filing to try and make fit.

Had to ship a used set around the world to simply compare. And yes, there's differences. And no, they are not close to the condition of my originals I gave away when I picked up the new OER packs. Originals have more space (only just) and more taper of the tabs, both things I have to file for with the OER vents. The other differences are that the OER does not have countersunk screw hole, and the overall length of the bottom lip is about 1/3 longer than GM, meaning when trying to flip it into place it has further to go and more pressure on the seam when it doesn't fit, and snap. Plastic isn't meant to bend or flex along a sharp casting corner. And of course, even one of the GM used I picked up is cracked the same way. So yet again, need to source yet another. Should already have about 10 sets for the cost I've spent on these plus shipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version