TAC Tech > Exterior

Door Glass Adjustments

<< < (2/3) > >>

Updated71:
What grease are you guys using for the tracks?

DeVilliers:
I used white lithium grease on mine.
I considered other options, like molybdenum, but this was less messy.

N PRGRES:
This was a HUGE help!  Thank you

b_hill_86:
Has anyone, specifically with power windows, successfully adjusted to the point that the windows close perfectly? I’m SO close, and doors close great with the windows up but I get a small gap at the top of the windows unless I crack the door, roll up the last bit and close. I’m so close.

I will add, for others benefit, one thing I learned. While working with these I realized in addition to the track adjustments being somewhat opposite of what you’d think (track in means top of window out) I was wanting to move the rear corner of the window out and decided to try to move the forward track inward slightly. BAM! Worked perfectly to draw the rear corner of the window out slightly. For whatever it’s worth

Wallington:
I haven't particularly. I got them close and then parked the car. It doesn't even have seals now. So these are just ideas.

Is the window glass stopping short because it's hitting a crease in the rubber seal at the top or due to the drag along the seal on the sides becoming too much, or both? The relay shuts off the power when the load gets too high, you know that. So you have to work on what it's catching on. This may even require adjusting the body seal channel in or out a touch so the glass can glide past instead of grabbing the edge. You can try taping small sections of the seal back from the glass to see where it might be an issue. Or any slightly bulged seal areas may be gathered up slightly causing a bulge that isn't visible except to passing glass. Can pull it to one side with the stretch of the rubber and see if it improves. Otherwise, perhaps adding the slightest tweak to the guide block on top off door to touch more support on problem end and see if it supports it past where it grabs. Getting it close is the hard part, getting it perfect is the time-consuming part. Do you have the 3D-printed blocks to assist? I can't imagine the factory taking to much time on these, although a guy would have a lot of experience setting them up right and know exactly where to adjust in short time, and with fresh seals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version