TAC Tech > Exterior

Door Glass Adjustments

<< < (3/3)

b_hill_86:
I didn’t know the relay cut power once the load increased. That’s interesting. I’ll have to examine the other points you made and see what I can come up with. I’m as close as I’ve ever been. I hate to play with things only to make it worse but if it got this far…. Should be able to again lol. I do have the alignment blocks. They got things very close very quickly but more adjustments were needed. I do agree though the factory couldn’t have spent much time on this.

roadking77:
I have power windows on my car. My driver window closes about as good as expected. My only problem is that I have C n C tops and the joint between the body seal and the top leaves a lot to be desired. So they leak way too much. Other than that the window works just about perfect. Plenty of power and speed.

My pass side with the door closed will go up about 7/8 of the way. To close it completely I need to open the door and the window will work fine, then close the door. I think the big part of the problem is that the weather strip causes the bind.

Interesting to hear about the relays. When I did mine I had troubles with the chineseum relays. I went through a couple before I found ones that would work. Shortly after I had everything working good. The dr. side relay crapped out again so I eliminated it altogether and that side is hooked up factory without a relay. I have new motors and restored and lubed both door tracks. My driver window has about twice the power and speed with factory set tup than the pass side does with a relay.

I am going to NOT use relays with my 79 when I get to that point.

FormTA:

My car is horrible but it's mostly because of the aftermarket glass which is curved too much and drags on the felt guides, some of which I had to remove.  The go up and down but painfully slow.

b_hill_86:
Mine are actually pretty quick for being the original setup. Just till that last little bit

Kerry, I think he was referring to the factory power window relay, not the added 4 relays lots of people do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version