TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

81 T/A restoration

(1/6) > >>

81Resto:
I had started a thread over a 78ta.com's forum, but am unable to access the site.  I bought this T/A back in 2003.  I had worked on it off and on until 2009/10.  Then life pulled me away.  I started back up on it around Thanksgiving this past year.  With goals of getting it into paint by the end of 2024. 

Around 2007/8.  We had replaced the floor pans.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

I had started prepping the car to replace the lower section of the tail panel,  this is where the work had stopped years ago.  I had just recently finished this job.

[/URL]

[/URL]

I have continued welding to fix up seams and also tie in the trunk floor to the tail panel.  I could still used some grinding and clean up before I would call it complete but is close. 

This past weekend I replaced repaired the passenger side trunk hinge mounting area
[/URL]

test fit hinge and trunk lid
[/URL]

[/URL]

Next up will be repairing the rear quaters where the rear wheel spoilers were, there is some rot. 

5th T/A:
Welcome to TAC and congratulations on getting back to work on your 1981 TA restoration. Lots of great members here who will love seeing and hearing about your progress.

wheels78ta:
Great to see you working on it.  Nice job on the replacement sections.

Any questions just ask.  Plenty of members here with great knowledge on these birds and other projects.

FormTA:

Nice job on the hinge area! I was lucky and both of my project car were good in that area.

Those tail pans are a pain. Did you make the replacement panel or did you use an aftermarket or parts car one?

Just keep making progress and eventually you'll be done! Even if it's just cleaning nuts and bolts.

Great work!

kentucky yeti:
Welcome to TAC!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version