TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

My project

(1/4) > >>

formula46two:
I've been asking some questions on here so I thought I would post some pictures of what I have going on. 78 Trans Am I've had since 1992, second owner. It was a rare optioned car being ordered as a W72 4 speed with 3:42 rear. The only amenities was a/c, being a Texas car,(and the original owner stating it was all he could afford)so it seems there were less than 3 thousand ordered that way. Well I fell victim to the G machine craze back then and bastardized the car with extreme convictions now. Plans were to do the LS engine/transmission swap and then the project stalled and life events took place which brings me to 30+ years later and my questions. I appreciate the info I will gather from here and possibly impart things I have learned during my passion for these cars. I had 5 of them at one time and down to this one and a 77 Formula also aW72 but an automatic. My son and I just recently got the Formula back up and running but it too needs a little attention. He drove that car to high school and he is now 36yo. 

ryeguy2006a:
Love the color! What are your plans for the car? Are you going to continue in the g machine direction or take it back to stock?

formula46two:

--- Quote from: ryeguy2006a on December 13, 2022, 12:55:24 PM ---Love the color! What are your plans for the car? Are you going to continue in the g machine direction or take it back to stock?

--- End quote ---
Man I could write a book on this odyssey. At this point I just want to get it back together and driving. I am installing a engine I built for a goldenrod yellow formula 4speed that I pulled before selling to my brother. Approximately 430 horse. I may get a 5 speed transmission though. I still have the original W72 motor . The color is House of Colors Pagan Gold.

5th T/A:
While you may have started the G machine craze, at least you were smart enough to NOT sell this car. I wish I was that smart.

formula46two:

--- Quote from: 5th T/A on December 13, 2022, 07:44:38 PM ---While you may have started the G machine craze, at least you were smart enough to NOT sell this car. I wish I was that smart.

--- End quote ---
I came close a couple times and yes, I'm glad I still have it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version