TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

Madaguy 1955 Nomad Build

<< < (2/48) > >>

FormTA:
I'm not up to date on my LS engines. What is the benefit of one or the other? I assume the gen 1 is drive by normal cable and the gen 5 drive by wire. Are the internals stronger in one over the other?

Jack:
Congrats and thank you for posting.

jonathonar89:

--- Quote from: FormTA on December 03, 2022, 10:26:24 AM ---I'm not up to date on my LS engines. What is the benefit of one or the other? I assume the gen 1 is drive by normal cable and the gen 5 drive by wire. Are the internals stronger in one over the other?

--- End quote ---

This was a little joke by me.

Gen 1 5.3 = SBC 327ci
Gen 5 5.3 = LT 325ci

Numerous differences haha

76455sd:
Nice find and thanks for posting.  I’ve always loved the tri-5 checvys and especially the nomad.  I’ll be following this for sure.  I’m just outside of Boston.  You could’ve crashed here for the night.  Whereabouts down the cape was the car.

ryeguy2006a:
Thanks for all the compliments! I'm really excited to start the new build. I'm still getting to know my new project and doing a lot of research.

--- Quote from: roadking77 on December 02, 2022, 06:19:11 AM ---All I can say is WOW! What a find. Great car and it really looks like its in great condition. Looking forward to seeing your build. I know you were in a hurry but I could have offered you a cup of coffee. I am literally 5 minutes off of 95 as soon as you cross the Susky. Bel Air is another town I frequent all too often. Glad you made the trip safely.

--- End quote ---

Dang, for some reason I thought you were in PA? Maybe because we were going to meet up at Carlisle.

--- Quote from: jonathonar89 on December 03, 2022, 03:12:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: FormTA on December 03, 2022, 10:26:24 AM ---I'm not up to date on my LS engines. What is the benefit of one or the other? I assume the gen 1 is drive by normal cable and the gen 5 drive by wire. Are the internals stronger in one over the other?

--- End quote ---

This was a little joke by me.

Gen 1 5.3 = SBC 327ci
Gen 5 5.3 = LT 325ci

Numerous differences haha

--- End quote ---

You have to watch out for Jon haha. All Gen 1 motors are DBC (Drive by Carbs) :lol: The LS/LT swaps are tricky because you can get a good deal on a motor or transmission, but all of the swap items are what become so expensive. Oil pans, headers, ECU's, fuel pumps, and etc. My main focus is going to be getting the interior back to stock and keeping the car running/driving.

--- Quote from: 76455sd on December 03, 2022, 10:08:36 PM ---Nice find and thanks for posting.  I’ve always loved the tri-5 checvys and especially the nomad.  I’ll be following this for sure.  I’m just outside of Boston.  You could’ve crashed here for the night.  Whereabouts down the cape was the car.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad that I didn't have to drive through Boston too! I had to go through NYC and DC which because of the times that I was going through didn't catch too much traffic. The car was located in Plymouth, and was in a very rural part of that town. I was surprised how close to the Ocean it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version