TAC Spotlight > Projects & Restorations

84 301T

<< < (2/60) > >>

tajoe:
I just spent 15 mins with a reply. After writing, I attempted to load a pic from my computer but the error code said, "file too large". So I went to PB, (as I just did above), and loaded a similar photo, and once again, the site wouldn't let me post it. Said it was too large. (From Photo bucket). It just took one this morning. And to top it off, when I went back, my post was erased. Not very happy right now. :-x <-(Gee, at least I can show one of these stupid little guys)

b_hill_86:
I’m not super familiar with photobucket anymore. It’s been years since I’ve used it. As for your issues, I don’t have an easy answer either but I’ve experienced the same thing and lost posts I gave up on. What I try now is to make my post without the picture then go back and click modify and try to add the picture. Only thing I can offer is there is a size limit of trying to add directly to the site and at least on my iPhone, it allows me to choose a size (sometimes) when I’m adding it. Not sure about other phones or computers off hand.

ryeguy2006a:
I love this idea for the powerplant! Love seeing projects with clear goals! One thing I've always wondered about these engines is specific to the turbo. Has there been any kind of development for a modern turbo replacement? Or at the least upgraded impellers? I know that the engine's have their limitations, but I'll bet you could significantly improve efficiencies with the motor.

tajoe:
Joe is the guy here with all the good stuff, and he's also with the 301 garage forum that has all the specifics on this engine.

https://ttaperformance.com/

tajoe:
Got the clutch master cylinder mounted yesterday, and I can think of 100 things I'ld've rather done. Such as had my fingernails, and toenails all yanked out, one at a time. Not fun being under the dash, with limited space. I'm gunna do a test...(again), and see if I can get a photo to post, "W/O" an error code. Here goes.

And now, to try another, and add it here.
So far, so good...maybe. Now to try and post.
Hey, how sweet it is.
Now to explain the pics.
The system above, is a third gen stock one, with all the parts. The white plastic reservoir, bracket, and hose, to the M/C and pedal rod, and finally the hose going to the slave cylinder. The fork pushrod, and boot is not in the pic, but it is here.

I've tried for weeks to find some-one (on the other brand X forum), who knew exactly how, and where to place this M/C, but came up M/T handed. There were a couple that had some info, but wasn't pertinent to my application. (they had alternate or aftermarket parts). And I wasn't sure if my pedals were correct for the hyd. system, thinking the linkage hole in mine was for a manual set-up. So I "too" had-ta start from scratch, to locate the center of the M/C.

-I started by measuring the distance of the stock M/C and rod, in the extended position, from the hole center, to the firewall flange. Approx 9". (I also pushed the rod in, just to see the travel. Approx. an inch)
-I then cut a piece of 5/16ths threaded rod, bent 1 end on a 90°, for the pedal connection, and cut the rod a couple inches short of the firewall.
-If you'll notice in the pics above, you'll see a white tube, with the rod in it. The tube is 1" PVC, which I copied the same angle the MC flange has, and cut the tube to the same length as the M/C.

Previously I had used another rod, the same length as the extended M/C rod to the firewall flange, and used it as a rough guide to where the hole center on the FW should be. By placing it in the pedal hole, and moving it into position, I marked an X on the F/W. This is now where the white tube is taped to above. (The tape is only there to hold it up, for photo purposes. Can't hold it, and take pictures, at the same time)
The masking tape tied around the rod, is to show the engagement of the rod, into the M/C tube, while in the fully extended position. Then I shove the pedal to the floor, and remarked the rod with tape, to show the amount of travel the rod will have. It was just at an inch, which is how much is in the M/C. "Theoretically", it should work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version