TAC Tech > Tires, Brakes & Suspension

Front sway bar question

(1/3) > >>

formula46two:
I am trying to button up the underside of my project and am having a hard time getting the correct sway bar bushings. Who do y'all use for these components? I have a set from Energy Suspension that I purchased 20 years ago and am just now getting to it and have found that the mounting brackets that came with it don't line up with the bolt holes on frame. I have the 1 3/16" front bar and can't find a kit for it. I can get a 1 1/4" kit from Energy Suspension and wondered if that would work ok with the 1 3/16 bar?

Wallington:
Who makes a 1-3/16" bar, is that an older aftermarket type? I just did a quick search and saw several unbranded bushes in that size but didn't check to see what mounts they'd fit.

I have the greasible complete D-mounts on mine, 1-1/4" from Energy Suspension. They sell these to suit 1-3/16" as well below.

https://teamenergysuspension.com/product/energy-suspension-9-5171r-1-3-16in-sway-bar-bushing-set/

formula46two:
Thanks, I think I will order those

formula46two:
I thought the WS6 bar was 1 3/16?

Wallington:
From memory most if not all Trans Am had 1.25 on front, including Formula in later years. WS6 didn't affect it. That's why I asked as 1-3/16 wasn't a stock size, so make sure that's what it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version