TAC Tech > Tires, Brakes & Suspension

Show your stance (round 2)

(1/12) > >>

FormTA:
So the old version of the thread was really helpful for me so I thought we should get it going again.  Please post a picture with your suspension upgrades, rim and tire info. Any fitment or ride issues too.

Not the best picture but the only semi side shot I have on my phone.

Pro touring F body G rear leaf springs set at lowest shackle setting ( I need to raise the rear about an inch).
Solid body mounts
PTFB subframe connectors
Hotkis front 2" drop springs.
17 x 9 new version snowflakes
Basic KYB shocks
Tires, front BFGoodrich g-force Sport Comp 255/45/17
Tires, rear " " 275/40/17

Only ride issue is the rear end seams to be bouncy over woops (hard to explain). I have been told that it could be from the rear shackles set at the lowering hole (top hole). So we'll see how it rides when I move to the lowered hole (which raises the car).

b_hill_86:
Nothing special with mine. Car always sat high since I bought it ten years ago. Last year I finally replaced control arm bushings and decided to cut the springs that were in there. No idea what they are. Just lowered the rear with 1” blocks. Could use a tad more maybe. Poor mans way to lower lol. First pic is before, second two after. Just 255/60/15 tires.

b_hill_86:
Mines always been a little bouncy in the rear too. Better with the new shocks I put on but still there. I always thought that was just a product of a leaf spring setup.

Are you planning on changing your tires? They look good. The whole setup looks good.

FormTA:
No, I just couldn't remember what they were.  Updated now.

I still have to get my wheel flairs on.

Gene-73:
I just recently got my springs sorted out. The car sat way too high when I bought it and wanted it lower since day one. One of the first things I did was swap out the rear leafs with a set of stock height from Classic Industries. https://www.classicindustries.com/product/*rl12.html
I was under the impression that stock height would be lower than what was on the car but they weren't much of an improvement. This is the challenge in picking out springs, what really is stock height?

When I redid the front suspension I bought UMI lowering coil springs from Summit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/upi-3050f
I believe the spring rate is 600 lbs on these vs the stock 300 lbs and put the passenger side right where I wanted it. For some reason the driver side ended up 3/4" lower than the passenger side which was too low, and yes they were both seated properly. I ended up putting in a 1/2" spacer on the driver side which evened things out nicely.

To deal with the rear, I had my stock height springs re-arched. I originally measured out a 2" drop for the rear to get the body line perfectly parallel with the ground, but was concerned about clearance. The spring shop and I settled on 1 1/2" drop to be safe but when I got them back it was actually closer to a 2" drop. The downside to re-arching is I'm stuck with the stock spring rate of 126 lbs. Just this last week was the first real road test so I'll find out soon if I will have any travel clearance issues.

One faux pas was that my measurements were done on an almost completely empty fuel tank. My first road test was to the gas station where I filled up the tank and lost about 1/2" of clearance. It turns out that 1 1/2" drop would have been a good target. But for the most part, I'm happy with the current height.

Photo below of the current stance. Wheels are 17x8 in front and 17x9 in rear. Tires are 245/45/17 front and 275/40/17 rear. I also need to put my wheel flares on along with the front bumper.
Also including photos of before and after the re-arching.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version