TAC Tech > Electrical

Trunk lamp refurbishment

<< < (2/3) > >>

b_hill_86:
Who doesn’t love freshly plated parts? That shifter looks great. The trunk light is good info too. I’ve never had to mess with mine thankfully as it’s always worked. And truth be told my car is nothing better than a driver so it has plenty that could use improvement yet will likely never happen lol.

5th T/A:
Ben, I love the before and after pictures. Shiter and hardware look great. As Brian said, who doesn't love freshly plated or painted parts. I too appreciate the work you put into documenting and providing pictures of minute details. Often times I read your posts but fail to comment. Thanks, you are a great asset to TAC! It's a fairly small group of people that take the time and effort to keep TAC interesting.

Wallington:
I had a batch of plating sent back so was able to reassemble a few original trunk lamps.

Firebird trunk lamp and screw replated (1) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird trunk lamp and screw replated (2) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird trunk lamp and screw replated (4) by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird trunk lamp and screw replated (5) by Ben, on Flickr

FormTA:

Dang! Your guy does some amazing work! Those parts look awesome! Do you strip/sand or clean any of those parts before you send them yo him?

Wallington:
I did a bit of cleaning, soak it rust converter treatment, more to check condition prior. He probably uses same also for etching prior. I did several, the key is to find mint parts to start with or they also plate roughly. And of course, that requires buying several of everything and combining for best parts to be assembled, resell the spares at giveaway prices.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version