TAC Tech > Exterior

Door Edge Guards - 78 TA

(1/4) > >>

TonysTA:
Hi,

I am considering putting on door edge guards and would like to know if anyone else has used them if they like them? FBody has two types, plastic and metal. I am on the fence, this would be purely cosmetic. Thanks

roadking77:
My cousin had them on his 81 trans am he bought new. At the time I thought they were pretty neat looking. But it was his daily driver. Personally I would not put them on my car now. If you do get them I would def go metal.

Warren Seale:
My 79 has the factory installed metal guards.  I think they are better than plastic since they are crimped on instead of using adhesive that can degrade with time.  They are good to have if your car is a daily driver but if it is relegated for show duty or light use then I would leave them off since edge protection would not be as much of a big deal.

Jack:
I think they might look ok depending on the color of the car and the guards. Maybe black on a dark car, otherwise I don't think they look good and IMO they cause more harm when it comes time to remove them.

roadking77:
Good question, were they factory installed? I know the ones my cousin had were dealer installed. He bought the car brand new. I always assumed thats the way they came. Back in that era lots of dealer add-ons came with cars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version