TAC Tech > Number Crunching

Radiator part # and date codes for 77 TA/SE

<< < (2/2)

firebirdparts:
I went through my build sheets looking for FB.  First one is a W72 automatic (they had a 3.23 rear gear).  HD cooling is not noted.  (would be VO2)

Not seeing a pattern really except that they're heavily optioned.

firebirdparts:
Parts book says FB is a heavy duty radiator for 350, 400, 403.  It seems odd it wasn't on the build sheet, but I guess with enough options or some configurations you need the 4 core radiator, but they didn't have heavy duty cooling.  I did eventually find a 77 build sheet with heavy duty cooling VO2 listed among the RPO codes.  Maybe there was a different fan or fan clutch for that.

FA, FB, FC, and FU are all considered heavy duty rads in this parts book I have.  I have several published different dates, and that makes it interesting, as parts come and go.  The September 1976 version doesn't list FB at all.

JDMopar:
 I have never looked for the build sheet, but hopefully it hasn't been turned into a mouse comforter over the years. The car is really well optioned. It pretty much has everything but cruise control. PS, PB, AC, PW, T tops. Black with all the gold stripes and accents. Some ding dong in the past spray bombed the interior to black, but it was originally tan. I think the interior code is SKN?
 I'm glad it has the big radiator, and I appreciate you digging into your stash to help.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version